- UVC capture devices procured
Google spreadsheet containing notes, estimates, etc. -> here
In order of popularity:
- Elgato CamLink4k - smallest, fastest (Julian has this, recommends it over “generic” gaming focused HDMI capture cards. Imperceptible video delay; Avermedia game capture was ~.25-1sec from memory.)
- Elgato HD60S - also low latency (ref) plus HDR10 capture capable.
- Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2 - recommended/listed by one of the camera manufacturers (GoPro?? Lost reference.)
- Engadget has a list with these & more expensive options - scroll to the end.
- Camera Specialists
- Consumer Electronics
From digital capture:
- Direct connection, high-quality (good resolution, frame rate, and reasonable lossy compression) UVC USB from the camera would be wonderful
- USB UVC capture interface is desirable
- Low latency is needed
- 4:4:4 or 4:4:2 chroma sub-sampling, 10 bit color, HDR capture capability would be nice