Team Gaming Thursdays: Artemis/Epsilon (with CVGS)

Team Gaming Thursdays: Artemis/Epsilon (with CVGS)

First Thursday of each Month, 6:15-9pm

Join the bridge crew of a starship!

Manage engineering, communicate with aliens, engage the shields, and fire photon torpedos!

We can set up two separate bridges for up to 8 players each, play seperately, co-operatively, or toe-to-toe.

It’s a total blast! Come to meet new people or bring your own crew!

6:15-7:00pm: Junior Crew (kids + guardians)

7:00-9:00pm: Adult crews

Bought to you in part by CVGS!

By donation, with a portion of the proceeds going to CVGS.

Latest Info: https://forum.makeit.zone/t/team-gaming-thursdays-artemis-epsilon-with-cvgs

Questions? Want to register? Email info@makeit.zone!

Hey ARTEMIS gamers…Have we got news for you!!! The admiral of the Canadian Fleet (from Toronto) will be running a workshop at our Parksville MakerSpace on Saturday (1-4pm) July 27…Laptop required and $10 cover charge…Pre-registration a MUST… via jim.bennett@shaw.ca
250-594-2893

Drats, I’ll be out-of-town that day; will pass it on.

But if it proves popular, consider scheduling some sessions for the first Thursday of the month, 7-9pm… maybe we can organize some multi-ship fleet events!

I suggest you get in touch with the local Honorverse fan club, and the Star Trek chapter; some attended an earlier Artemis outing.

And if you have time, take a look at Empty Epsilon- similar type of game, but completely free, and works on Mac and Linux.

Hello Julian…

ARE YOU BACK FROM HOLIDAY YET?

(1) I should plan a visit to Courtenay…

(2) We have a fully functioning “ARTEMIS” crew now that has been trained by our Toronto visitor…

I would like to begin talks with your crowd about making them part of the

TSN ARTEMIS CANADA… 9th Fleet, 2nd Battlegroup with our ship “TSN-Oceanside”

No command structure…just a social connection that allows communication between crews…

Our goal here is to connect with Courtenay/Comox Valley, perhaps get something in Campbell River…Port Alberni

and add in a Nanaimo team that has a beginning…

We’re on Facebook at “Artemis in Parksville, British Columbia” https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=artemis%20in%20parksville%2C%20british%20columbia&epa=SEARCH_BOX

and now on the national website at http://www.TSN-artemis.ca

(3) When might we see the Microbit computers? Shall I come up to Courtenay and just pick them up?

We are looking for a date to host a workshop with them as required…and would like it to

be a date when you could also attend…could be 4th week of August…

Jim Bennett
558 Seaward Way
Qualicum Beach, BC
V9K 1T8
250-594-2893
jim.bennett@shaw.ca
julian via MakeItZone

Hi Jim-

I’m back, and full swing into summer camps.

1. Be great to see you; maybe in a few weeks. Have classes 9-4 this week and next.

2. It’s going to take us a while to grow our audience. I have lots of advertising “debt” to catch up on… I advertised too late and only had one person show up to this session. Last time we had 1.5 crews. Interesting to see that their is a real following for Artemis. Let’s circle back in 3-4 months after a few sessions. I’m planning to present a few games such as Empty Epsilon an Space Nerds in Space. If we can build a community I’ll leave it to them to decide which game(s) they follow. It might even be the Star Trek bridge simulator. Suggest you get in touch with the Honorverse fan club which has a good pool of members up and down the island - http://trmn.org - we are HMS Centaur CLAC-02, of Tenth Fleet. There’s also a StarFleet (http://sfi.org) fan-ship crew that is active. Off the top of my head I can’t find their contact details, but if you can’t find them, remind me and I’ll search my email.

3. I have some documentation to catch up on, a CAD file to tweak, and then I can laser cut the “lock” box for you. The current design sticks. I made the first post to element 14 tonight; once they confirm I put it in the right place I’ll be catching up over the next few nights. So I should have it ready to ship for Monday next week. The 20th or 21st I might be able to come down in person. But if not, we could do a “training” Q&A session by video call with your volunteer(s). I’ve made it really simple, and can even pre-program the microbit for the “lock”.

One thing to note Jim, this is a public, Google indexed website- your contact details are being added to your forum posts…

Thought you were going to Hornby Is on 20th or 21st…??

I could come up to Courtenay and pick up the 5 microbits…

Do we HAVE TO do the microbit session in August or could we do mid-September…when people back from holidays???

I have some documentation to catch up on, a CAD file to tweak, and then I can laser cut the “lock” box for you. The current design sticks. I made the first post to element 14 tonight; once they confirm I put it in the right place I’ll be catching up over the next few nights. So I should have it ready to ship for Monday next week. The 20th or 21st I might be able to come down in person. But if not, we could do a “training” Q&A session by video call with your volunteer(s). I’ve made it really simple, and can even pre-program the microbit for the “lock”.

One thing to note Jim, this is a public, Google indexed website- your contact details are being added to your forum posts…