Parksville MakerSpace is now onboard

Here in Parksville we are excited to be connected with Julian and the Courtenay Make It Zone.
Jim Bennett (myself) is President of our new Oceanside Community Makerspace Society that is about to take over full operations and responsibility for our MakerSpace in cooperation with the founding body. It is scheduled for takeover on Dec. 1 (if we are lucky). We also have 3D printing facilities and classes to both adult and youth. We have a wood working shop but you guys have nicer tools…We also have 20 internally designed micro-electronic projects for assembly and soldering by youth…so we also have soldering classes…and just added metal jewelry group that is going gang busters…And then finally you may have heard about my big interest which is model railroading…(funny how we tie-in so nicely with all the rest -except the jewelry!!!) We look forward to future joint collaboration with Courtenay.

Good to see you found our forums @ParksvilleMakerSpace! Moved this post to the announcements section, as I think that’s a better fit for the content :slight_smile:

Also, let me know if you like this forum/documentation system; if your members are interested I’d be happy to help them set up your own discourse server. It’s quite popular with maker spaces:

I’m sure there are others :slight_smile: