Julian, Tristan, Liam, Kelsey, Griffin, Paige, Sarah, Jonathan
1. Lounge area:
Goals: relaxing space and recording studio - simple video interviews, podcasts, streaming, etc.
Sound proofing - sound dampening frames, for air gapping**
Youth media project - may want to be involved
step 1: make appealing and lovely space
step 2: make for school camps and extended zone (ie. for filming zone)
step 3: gauge interest in other services
ie. can still be cool podcast area - also be like a hot desk type area for makerspace members
Ideas: small sound booth for sound recording - double stud offset wall
- paint room and add flooring!
- thick fabric was donated for sound proofing
- add in tables (easy to move) for working
2. Budget and time planning:
Julian has a lot of stuff here
When to work on this? Plan for next Saturday?
3. Income stream:
Can book the time out in the space to record, do interviews, make it in to a lovely sound room
ie. people can use their own laptop
If they’re paying for hourly service - expect a level of standardized equipment use
- could work towards library - style model.
- could use as a room for training courses
- adult friendly
- sewing room
- can have a google calendar for booking ‘quiet times’ for specific recording
- website: update to make way more simple to navigate
Longterm structural changes:
- electricity on the far wall for makerspace storage lockers
- skylights - large cost
- commercial space
- knock down walls for larger space - would have to have more members
To do for setting up monthly membership:
- need to have a contract written up for members; $35/month, get X minutes on laser, X time on 3D printers, and pay for materials
- could have membership tiers (eventually)
- to know: membership doesn’t make as much as running classes
- classes; good for short term income
Jonathan could help with admin duties, planning etc.
Decorating! inside! - workbee to paint the main hallway etc.
Networking - Job shop, trades, NIC, training program.
Organizing the Zone - QR codes for machines!! Link to forum topics
Lets set a time for next meeting:
once a month meeting in the afternoon
once a month build day (all day for who can make it etc.)
Thanks for showing up everybody!
~ be excellent to each other ~