References for creating devices/experiences/things that bridge between technology and experience, but with a leaning towards artistic installations.
- commercial game that has players avoid/destroy obstacles in time to music
- wide variety of community generated “maps”
- community developed tools for making maps; could be used for other projects…
BeatMapSynth: An automatic song mapper for Beat Saber - Medium article re using AI to generate maps
- GitHub code - the Jupyter notebooks for the above. Has code for reading & writing map files.
A “VTuber” is someone that creates YouTube content using a virtual actor.
The software generally uses a webcam to do facial tracking to map head position and orientation, eye blinks, mouth open/closed, to a 3D generated character- in real time.
NOTE: although the technology can be used to create any kind of virtual actor, a large number of the freely available models are minimally dressed anime style females.
- blog post about avatars and interoperability - also a good primer on the file formats (model + animations), tools to make them (eg Blender plugins), and more.
- Avatar Model Resource List - another list of formats, tools, artists, etc
- VroidHub - avatar designs
- Neos VR - VR metaverse (imaginary/online world(s))
- VTuber Apps:
XR - Augmented (AR) and Virtual (VR) Reality
- Development systems: Programming Resources
Photography and Videography
Ways of sending messages from device to device to synchronize activities- eg lights (ArtNET or DMX), music (MIDI), and motion (OSC).
- DMX Light Control
- MIDImonster - “Connect and control, generate and translate data on any show control protocol.”