I’ve had a few people ask about making their own card games (eg like Magic, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.)
Any one have any links to custom card generators or generic rule systems? Articles re balancing mechanics, etc?
Also let me know if you’d be interested in a class around something like this- it might be something I’d be interested in developing as a class.
What I’ve found so far:
- https://mtgcardsmith.com/ - custom card creator for magic
- https://www.yugiohcardmaker.net - custom card creator for Yu-Gi-Oh
- https://www.pokecard.net - custom card maker for Pokemon
http://www.vassalengine.org/index.php - a computer system for making board and card games
- looks to be still developed, has documentation, including tutorials
- open source
http://lackeyccg.com/index.html - another collectible card game engine
- appears to be very functional, but no new development for ~3 years
http://gccg.sourceforge.net - Generic Collectible Card Game System
- open source, looks to be still being developed
- has tutorials
- looks to have a scripting engine, allowing more complex games
- more complicated to set up than Vassal?
- a forum post with a list of other game (prototyping) engines: http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21494.0