Since I’ve last typed into the void I diverted my attention from the inventing of a controller, capable of interpreting actionable outcomes from a user’s spastic movements over time, towards completing a draft-18-pager comic based off the following poem:
Shrouded in the silt of past experience.
I am warmed amongst the stillness of stagnant waters.
An awareness crafted within dissolved sensations.
My gaze fixed upon a scant beam of light.
My star… My world… My reality.
Gatekeeper to all I am, or will be.
I find that allowing myself the ability to switch focus, while still participating in a creative medium requiring both communication and dedication to accomplish, helps me prevent mental fatigue while honing skills useful to the completion of other endeavour(s).
As I mentioned in my last post, I recruited a friend to help with the creation of the project, including the assembly of the Raspberry Pi and differential-input-controllers while I created the above comic (having already created a trial program that would function as the software, and wanting to avoiding mental fatigue); I have just this week received back the gear I sent off those many months ago.
Though delayed further then I attended, I knew it would be some time till I started back up with the project, as such I created a ‘save file’ of sorts. The following links are appropriated from said save file:
- I created the above file as step by step breakdown of the Pilot Program, including notes around issues yet to be resolved.
- The above is a screenshot of the Pilot Program taking in differently user input over time and then through the use of logic gates prints to screen a ‘book-holder-command’ (IE: ~Option_Two_ab~) (expecting it’s actually a screen grab of my first attempts at Python Class’); within the above screenshot is a hidden error in the waiting (yet to be resolved)…
- Preceding is a visual break down of my attempts to simplify the incoming inputs in order to simplify my understanding of the program/user-interface development
- As for Input ranges the above indicates the areas that can likely produce sufficient/purposeful movements as directed by my client.
- This is the start of my next chapter, Python Class creation; hopefully enabling the ability to work within a repeatable process loop, while utilizing multiple client controlled inputs.
I will also be starting the process of assembling my Raspberry Pi and thereafter the running of Python from the Pi, upon which I’ll take differential input over span(s) of time, then recreate results equal to and beyond, the aforementioned Pilot Program (operating with the inclusion of Python Class’).
PS. Thank you Julian for your thoughts and Ideas, I’ve sent off for the Python Cookbook; I was thinking I could benefit from another tome, as I learn well from the medium.